Cree Lighting a Company of Ideal Industries is a market-leading innovator of Indoor, Outdoor, and Consumer Bulb LED lighting. We are uniquely positioned to innovate new ways in which lighting will serve as a platform for emerging technologies and capabilities that will enrich lives, improve society and safeguard our planet. If you are intrigued about us keep reading to learn about a unique opportunity as a Project Manager at Cree Lighting!
You'll have the opportunity to lead projects through the NPI process in a cost-effect manner in a fast paced environment. You'll work collaboratively with senior management and our experienced design team to provide recommendations on our many projects within our OEM/ODM division.
You'll be leading a project team to accomplish the following:
- Lead a team of engineers and others in the development and support of new product introductions. This will include cross functional areas of marketing, supply chain and operations as well as engineering
- Ensure the schedule of all regulatory processes (UL, Energy Star, DLC etc), are kept in alignment with our NPI process
- Work with OEM/ODM partners to develop specified projects within a reasonable project time line
- Work with OEM/ODM partners to define and implement mass production plans, along with an assessment of the potential risks to meet the requirements of the operation, and ensure backup solutions are developed to mitigate any significant risks to the plan
- Ensure operations technical readiness for all phases of the introduction cycle
- Direct the deployment of cost reduction initiatives (both BOM related and process related) to ensure that they are implemented in a timely manner and the cross functional team is coordinated
Additional skills attributes that'll help you be successful:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Electrical Engineering with Entry level experience in managing engineering resources in a start-up style, product development environment
- The ability to operate in a fast pace, highly dynamic environment, at a detailed execution level, as well as on a tactical/strategic level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing and open to travel – both domestic and international. Expected international travel will be once a year
- Excellent performance management skills
What we can offer you:
Cree Lighting has outstanding benefits that include medical, dental, vision, PENSION and a match on our 401k. We are a values based organization that seeks people that don't just want to "work" but that want to integrate with our culture and grow with the business over time- did I mention that we're privately held- we think in terms of "generations/not quarters!"- make Cree Lighting your work home!