Who Is Cree Lighting?
Cree Lighting is an LED lighting pioneer known for being first – first to bring LED lighting to the masses, first to deliver no compromise white light, and first to offer a sensor-integrated intelligent lighting platform with the push of a button. Our innovative LED solutions are designed for indoor, outdoor and intelligent lighting applications. Our cutting-edge technology delivers reliable performance and value beyond light for office and industrial buildings, schools and universities, municipalities, automotive dealerships, healthcare facilities, and more.
The Cree Lighting team is committed to transforming the way people experience light through innovative technology and future-ready intelligence platforms that help make buildings more efficient and businesses more profitable. Join our team to be at the forefront of a dynamic industry positioned at the center of the commercial IoT revolution.
Cree Lighting is looking for a passionate, metrics driven Channel Marketing Specialist who will work closely with internal and external Sales, Distributors, Agents and Marketing Communications (Marcom) teams to create, assess cost, assign success metrics, deliver and optimize marketing programs that drive increased market share with Distributors and Agents. The role also encompasses co-managing our channel partner MDF processes and claims, as well as management of key channel partner databases to ensure accurate product information is available at all times. Experience creating and assessing effective marketing programs in a B2B environment, and a solid understanding of Salesforce, are musts so that we deliver positive ROI, scalable programs and processes on time and on budget. You’ll be a continuous improvement focused self-starter and strategic problem solver who doesn’t need much oversight, and yet you’ll also be a great cross-functional communicator so our internal and external teams are always aligned with your activities.
What can Cree Lighting do for you?
- In this high visibility position, you will be able to engage and collaborate among many groups across the business including executive leadership, Marketing, Sales, and IT.
- You’ll play a critical role in assessing business needs, shaping, executing and measuring marketing program and MDF spend strategies.
- You’ll be on point to lead building marketing campaigns from the ground up, and Cree Lighting will see the immediate impact of your work.
- You’ll maintain and optimize key channel partner information databases that support our channel partners so they regard us as best in class suppliers.
- You can be a part of a fast-paced growth-oriented family business that values collaboration, honesty, creativity, and working hard while having fun!
- Assess needs, create, get senior management buy-in, project manage, establish performance goals, launch and measure performance of marketing programs for Distributors and Agents in order to drive profitable growth.
- Develop and oversee the marketing plan for Distributors, Agents and Contractors.
- Manage marketing team relationships with external Distributors, Agents and Contractors.
- Work closely with all aspects of the business to gather and share product and channel insights.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing and Marcom teams to support brand development and experiential activities.
- Utilize data and customer insights to provide marketing program recommendations that drive category distribution and market share.
- Understand changing and differing priorities and how these impact channel marketing.
- Manage Channel Marketing budgets.
- Manage channel partner MDF program, process and approvals
- Maintain database of program activities, metrics and results.
- Maintain key channel partner product information databases.
- Report monthly on program metrics and results to leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of hands on marketing program experience with a minimum of 1 year leading marketing programs.
- Salesforce experience desirable.
- Proven track record of building and improving successful marketing programs with measurable results
- Strong metrics-driven background with a passion for measuring the ROI of initiatives
- Digitally savvy with proficiency in content management and project management tools
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- An excellent communicator with outstanding writing, customer messaging and presentation skills where you’re be able to quickly and positively influence senior staff, channel partners and customers to achieve desired outcomes.
- Highly organized approach to task prioritization, managing multiple projects at one time
- Dynamic budget management, ideally within a channel marketing setting.
- An understanding of distribution channels for the electrical (or similar) industries.
- Be collaborative, but also comfortable pushing back / negotiating where requests won’t deliver strategic goals.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills