- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Solidworks 3D modeling software
- Minimum four years’ experience designing mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Results oriented, self-motivated
- Experience using a variety of business and engineering computer applications, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, MathCAD
- Ability to write mechanical test procedures and instructions, develop test fixtures, perform tests, document data and make conclusions.
- Experience in Voice of Customer (VOC) processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience with various forms of manufacturing processes such as, plastic injection molding, die casting, extruding, and stamping.
- Hands on experience with building and testing prototypes.
- A candidate should possess excellent visualization skills.
- Based on experience be able to source prototype parts and materials
- Knowledge of FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Knowledge 2D drawings creation and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) a must
- Strong organizational skills especially in document control
- Knowledge of Bill of Material (BOM) and engineering change control processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary
IDEAL INDUSTRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.