SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design and development of new and existing products. This position also partners with other internal departments in the development and testing of new products, manufacturing support, market research, key account presentation, and field sales support as needed.
- Conceptualize, design, prototype, test, and analyze new products to attain the technical, economic and functional goals set by new product criteria.
- Provide planning and support to assure progress of new products through design, prototyping, and costing and pilot run release on a timely basis.
- Propose new and improved products to meet new requirements, standards and marketplace opportunities.
- Provide technical support for existing products on design related matters involving customer inquiries, applications, quality or cost improvement opportunities.
- Analyze field failures and assemblies to determine root cause.
- Maintain awareness of current and anticipated approval agency requirements (i.e., NEC, UL, CSA) and applicable industry standards (i.e. ANSI, SAE, ASTM). Participate in UL listing and CSA certification of assigned new products.