IDEAL INDUSTRIES, Inc. has been propelled by the principles of its founder, J. Walter Becker, for nearly a century. Since the beginning, this family-run enterprise has been committed to building ideal relationships with its customers, employees and communities, creating some of the industry’s most innovative and trusted products along the way. This commitment to quality and service will continue to spur the success of IDEAL INDUSTRIES, Inc. and its family of companies, for generations to come.
IDEAL has made its mark by developing the iconic products and practical technology demanded by critical industries like data communications, aerospace, electrical, wire processing, automotive, construction and more. Since the beginning, IDEAL INDUSTRIES has been a growing, energetic company, and that’s never been more true than today. It’s always been a compelling place to work and we’re poised for even more growth as we continue to move across the globe. With growth comes opportunity—and at IDEAL INDUSTRIES, the opportunity can be yours.
This Materials Engineering Internship position provides opportunities for student to experience practical application of materials engineering to supplement classroom learning. The internship will be within the R&D department of IDEAL. This is a summer only position.
- Several long term design projects for new product development
- Support engineering projects as assigned
- 60% Office/40% Lab
- Hands on research for finishes and coatings
- Design for Manufacturability
- Hands on Solidworks experience
- IDEAL has onsite manufacturing facilities, so the opportunity to work directly with the floor is something that will provided
- Pursuing a four year Material Sciences Engineering college degree
- Strong grasp of materials engineering and manufacturing principals
- Basic research principles
- Knowledge of finishes and coatings
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Data acquisition software
- Experience in data acquisition and reduction preferred
IDEAL INDUSTRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.