J. Walter Becker founded IDEAL in 1916 and made a promise that is still an important part of the way IDEAL operates today: "An IDEAL product will provide a value greater than the price paid for it. Service is a part of the product." Becker's foundational principle represents our everyday commitment to you. It's the driving force behind our partnerships with the world's leading distributors, a state of the art delivery system, outstanding customer and technical support and variety of operational benefits designed to save you time and money. It means we're proud of the way we do business.
IDEAL brings you products that make your job easier; products that you can rely on, with warranties you can trust; products that are available whenever and wherever you need them. Every IDEAL product comes with the promise made by our founder more than 90 years ago.
This internship position provides opportunities for student to experience practical application of mechanical/industrial engineering to supplement classroom learning. The internship will be within the Engineering department of IDEAL
- Several long term design projects for new product development
- Support engineering projects as assigned
- 50% Office/50% Lab
- Hands on engineering opportunity as it relates to automation build
- Report direclty to the Automation Engineering Manager and work alongside the senior Automation Engineers on various projects supporting Industrial Engineering globally for IDEAL INDUSTRIES.
- Pursuing a four year Mechanical Engineering college degree
- Strong grasp of mechanical engineering and manufacturing principals
- 3D modeling (ProE, Solidworks)
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Data acquisition software
- Experience in data acquisition and reduction preferred